Looking for a wedding photographer in Minneapolis?Whether you are from the Minneapolis area or traveling to host a Minneapolis wedding, this historic and stylish city provides an amazing variety of photo-worthy backdrops, from downtown skylines to lakes and parks to warehouse grunge. Having grown up in Bloomington, Minnesota and lived in Minneapolis all my adult life, I have lived its nuances and hidden treasures. Its classic yet charming locations set the stage and allow me to create top-notch wedding and engagement photography for you. Feel free to get in touch with me via the Contact Form. I would love to meet you and learn more about you and the special day you have planned!
Minneapolis is rich in photography locations and scenes. We’ll choose one that fits your personalities and style.No matter your style or the look and feel you’re going for, we will find it in Minneapolis and capture your couple’s session (i.e. engagement portrait session) or wedding images.
Popular locations for couple’s session and wedding photography in Minneapolis are highly sought out and prized for a reason. These include the Guthrie Theater and Mill City Museum, Stone Arch Bridge and St. Anthony Main, First Avenue and the Downtown Metro, the Walker Art Center and Sculpture Gardens, the lakes in Uptown, Minnehaha Falls, and many more. There are the classic shots and spots at each of these, but we will go above and beyond to make images that are personal, unique, fun, and creative. If you’re looking for a more unusual or fresh Minneapolis spot, we can chat about some options and what you imagine your images will look like.
The variety Minneapolis provides will be reflected in your wedding images and couple’s session.It’s easy to capture a lot of looks and get tons of variety in one area or location. I can naturally guide you through a series of shots that are well lit, flatter you as a couple, and look natural and candid at any venue or location. For couple’s sessions, having two locations can provide even more variety, and paired with a second outfit, you will have lots to choose from! To facilitate the day or portrait session, we will discuss different factors that may come into play in detail and ahead of time, such as the season and weather, time of day, number of people included, location permits, and other factors.
The most important and constant element in photography – the ONLY element at times – is light. Light IS photography - light and shadow and their relationship to one another.A less-than-ideal background or location with beautiful light exceeds expectations. A very snazzy background with terrible light could be just that: terrible. I use natural light where it exists, and create it where it doesn’t. For your wedding and couple’s session, I’m always “looking for the light” and structuring the location, pose, and vision accordingly. Don’t worry – I’m perfectly comfortable suggesting what to do, where to go, etc. via that “light direction” (or “lite direction”) I talk so much about. All this is happening while we are having fun creating stunning images.
The only enduring elements of your wedding are your memories and your wedding photography.We all know this, and you have probably heard it before. I’m partial, of course, but it is also true. The beautiful flowers wilt, the delicious food consumed, the décor dismantled, the gown boxed up and stored, the guests returned to their daily routines, and all that remains are your memories and your image collection. A physically substantial and meaningful wedding book showcasing your momentous day will be your first family heirloom. How truly priceless - and a gift you can give yourself over and over!
Choosing and investing in a photographer can feel a bit daunting.Photographers are not an apples-to-apples comparison. Besides the level of investment, emotion, art, ability, and intuition are all involved. Here are a few of my suggestions:
- Find someone you like to be around.It may sound crazy but it is possible that you will spend just as much, if not more, time with me as with your fiancé on your wedding day. This is one of a handful of reasons why I include a complimentary couple’s session with every wedding collection – so we can get to know each other on a day that isn’t wedding-filled. There are many other benefits to doing a couple’s session as well! If that’s not in the cards for whatever reason, we will still meet for a Final Consultation and can get acquainted then.
- Choose a professional you can trust to deliver the results you expect.We have all heard this story: A couple entrusted their wedding photography to a family friend “with a nice camera,” or a just-starting-out acquaintance, or maybe they just went with the photographer within their budget that provided the most bells and whistles, and, for any number of reasons, it didn’t pan out. The outcome can run the gamut between disappointing and devastating. It breaks my heart when I hear this. Of course there are countless couples whose experience was exactly what they wanted and expected. It’s a risk you must be willing to take. I have a proven track record for quality images, an enjoyable experience, and timely follow through. Photography is my one and only career and both a professional and personal passion.
- Your photographer’s image gallery should speak for itself.This is self-explanatory, but in short: like what you see. Weddings happen in rain, sun, heat, snowstorms, during the day, at night, inside, outside, in natural light, artificial light, churches and basements and golf clubs and theaters. As a wedding photographer, I am extremely adaptive and versatile as demonstrated by my portfolio. I want you to love your images, and I aim to not only meet but also exceed your expectations.
I am a firm believer that there is a photographer for everyone – and in every budget.If your wedding photography is one of your top priorities and you think we would be a good fit, I would love to meet you and learn more!
Top Minneapolis Wedding Photographer
It's an honor to be recognized and awarded in the Minneapolis wedding and event industry.Minneapolis and the greater Twin Cities area are rich with incredibly talented wedding and event professionals. I'm so grateful to have won the following photography awards: 2014 Best Event Photographer - International Special Events Society Star Awards 2014 Best Wedding Photographer - International Special Events Society Star Awards 2014 Partner of the Year - International Special Events Society Star Awards 2013 & 2012 Best Photography/Video - Minnesota Meetings + Events Readers' Choice Awards 2013 Best Team Effort - International Special Events Society Star Awards 2010 Up-and-Coming Supplier - Minnesota Meetings + Events Hall of Fame Award
First your wedding photographer, then your family and lifetime photographer!It's an absolute honor to be chosen and trusted to move from the role as a couple's wedding photographer to their maternity and baby photographer and/or professional headshot or event photographer. I relish in making and having clients-turned-friends and clients-for-life. Your wedding is just the beginning of the celebration and journey!
There’s something about stopping a moment in time that gives me pause.I have a hard time putting to words why this is or what it means exactly, but I just know that I am truly in my element when I can document and preserve beautiful moments. I have always been inspired by photographs and making things last. It’s a notable theme through my life: I like my coffee scalding hot so I can drink it over time, I eat strategically to save the best parts for last, I chose colors and items as a kid that I thought I would like when I was older, and so on. I am minimalistic and can part with things I don’t use, but those that I hold on to I revisit and cherish.
Here’s where you come in.I’d be honored to document and play a photographic role on your wedding day and in the months leading up to it. You can rest assured that all the important elements will be captured, and the natural and candid emotion and moments will be preserved. Together, we will over-prepare ahead of time and smoothly go with the flow on the day – so you can enjoy and live in every moment. Please reach out if you would like to learn more or are ready to set up a consultation. I look forward to hearing from you!
Other photography areas of expertise:
- -Maternity Portraits
- -Newborn Photography
- -Baby & Child Portraits
- -Family Session
- -Senior Portraits
- -Boudoir Photography
- -Actor, Corporate, and Business Professional Headshots
- -Event Photography
- -Photo Stations or “Step & Repeat” Backdrops
- -Commercial Photography
- -Theater Press Shots and Rehearsal/Dress Rehearsals
- -Fine Art/Commission Work